Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Magic Tree House

Yesterday D and I attended the first meeting of a Magic Tree House Book Club. While some concepts of a book club are a little over D's comprehension level he really does enjoy listening to the adventures of Jack and Annie out loud. I personally love the adventure of the books while also teaching children about different places and events. The first book in the series is about Dinosaurs and is currently my sons favorite.
There are 48 books out right now with the 49th coming out this March.  There are currently 27 Fact Trackers that are companion books to some of the series including one for Dinosaurs Before Dark.

There is a website for both Kids and Parents/Teachers that give you many opportunities to explore and expand on the books. The parents/teacher site has a break down of each book along with activities and lessons that tie into the books. I recommend these books for students of all ages especially those interested in history and travel. Happy Reading!!

Katie


1 comment:

  1. I had never seen the books before but now I will have to check them out! They look good!

    ReplyDelete